Total Pageviews

Monday, November 22, 2010

Hello world!

Good evening, my name is Sashimistat, and this is my first foray into blogging.  So I am guessing your first question is why I don't put my real name or picture up here.  Well, there's a good answer for that.  I am a nursing student.  And I am going to be writing about what its like to be in nursing school.  See, we have these fancy laws nowadays called privacy laws, and while I would NEVER mention anyone by name, its safer if I don't use my own name either, capice? 

So, a little about me.  I live on the east coast.  I'll give ya a hint but just one.  We do have winter where I live, but its not like negative three hundred below in winter here either.  I like it here on the east coast, but I'm not sure I want to stay in this state forever.  I've been here all my life.  I'd like to go either south or west one day.  I am married, no children (human children, that is).  I do have 2 dogs and 2 cats.  I love, LOVE sushi/sashimi hence the name.  Unfortuantely right now we are too broke to enjoy either, but thems the breaks right?

I am a nursing student.  I go to a community college and when I finish I will have an Associates and be able to sit for my NCLEX-RN (the licensing exam for RNs).  I already have a Bachelors from another school in an ENTIRELY different discipline.  It took me 2 years of classes before I could even apply for the program I am in now, but I did, and I got in.  I am almost through with my first year of 2.  It has NOT been easy at all, and my self confidence has been sorely tested along the way, but I have managed to maintain a 4.0 this whole time.  Go ahead, talk behind my back, I don't care LOL!  I worked hard for those grades and I am proud of them!  I have done things in the past year that I never thought I would EVER be able to do.  Namely give shots.  I have a HUGE needle issue and used to not be able to even WATCH someone else get a shot, but now I give 'em like a champ.  Clinicals are over for this semester, and I have heard that next semester is the hardest yet, so strap yourselves in and get ready for the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment